Wednesday 8 July 2015

Eastbourne Running day 2015

Last Sunday Eastbourne held a Vintage Bus Running Day all the old Buses involved were giving free rides. It is held at Eastbourne Train Station every year and this year was the first one I went to it was the first time I have been in the Station bit where they all were since RRBS in February this year. I went on 3 Old Buses including an RCL Routemaster and an old Southdown Bus.

I will now show you all my photos:

First up we have RCL Routemaster RCL2260 ( CUV 260C ) at Beachy Head this was the Only area that the bus paused for a photo stop.




RCL2260 CUV 260C

CUV 260C rear shot
 Now onto another photo of Routemaster 100 BXL which was the 1000th Routemaster built I thought this because it said the 1000th .
Routemaster 100 BXL
 Now onto some old Southdown Buses we have Leyland National PCD 80R and Leyland PD3 BUF 277C.
National PCD 80R

BUF 277C
 We now have an old Single Decker MetroBus this didn't run any services at all on the day it is registered JTM 109V.
JTM 109V
Regent KHC 369
 We now have some Buses that were in the Eastbourne Corporation my Grandad was a Conductor in the Eastbourne Corporation. The Buses I have got pics of that were in this company are KHC 369 and JK 8418 
JK 8418
I hope you enjoy reading this post.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Lou, with the roof adding to the scene. Presumably you will be at the Worthing Rally in about ten days time? I should be there too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on holiday then sorry so I'm not going.

      Delete