Friday 20 February 2015

Rail Replacement last weekend part four


In the final section of this series I will be sharing some more photos from Rail Replacement last Sunday. I had to be very careful taking these photos because I didn't want them asking me if I was waiting for a certain bus on these duties well no one did. One thing that did annoy me was the person on the speakers saying about improvement works and when buses were replacing the trains and what station they were resuming at loads of times. Enough on that I have some really good bus photos to share from last weekend which I have selected for this final installment to this series. In the first image it shows a Seaford and District Trident Registered V310 KGW which appeared after the Brighton and Hove Gemini 2 which was on my last post.



Seaford and District Trident V310 KGW 
 Up next is an image of a Go Ahead London bus which was one of very few TFL companies that ran Rail Replacement the other being Metro Bus leaving the Station Harry P and Harry H two of my Contributors to my blog are in the image as well really close to the bus, the bus is registered SN60 BZM.
Loving the sun is this Go Ahead London Enviro400
 Next up is an image of a Gemini 2 with Go Ahead London waiting its turn to collect passengers it is seen in the Station I think most of the London Gemini 2s used were Hybrid Electrics.
Go Ahead London Gemini 2 waiting its turn
 Here we have a Convertible Open top Gemini which is an open top in the summer and a closed top in the winter I think it is wearing a special livery.
Gemini LF52 ZNR 
 Another type of bus used were these Optare Olympus bodied Alexander Dennis Tridents with Go Ahead London here one of them is seen departing whilst a couple of other London Buses were waiting their turn you can clearly see in the background the trains were all parked up whilst the buses took their place.
Go Ahead London Optare Olympus bodied Trident 2 just about to leave
 Finally 3 Southern Transit ALX400s all provided Rail Replacement all of them were former London Buses as shown with the centre doors and destination boards some of them are former Stagecoach London Buses because they have Stagecoach seats in them Y517 NHK is seen passing a coach picking up passengers.
Southern Transit  Y517 NHK waiting for passengers these are former London buses
I have enjoyed writing this 4 part series of this post and I hope you have enjoyed reading it I might start thinking what my next post is going to be about.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment