Monday 27 April 2015

New Coaster Buses launch


You always want to see brand new buses at a launch if you can get to one. That was me last Saturday I went to the launch in Eastbourne of Brighton and Hove's new Coaster Buses for the 12,12A and 12X. The bus is a Wright Streetdeck with a new style front end.

The bus that was at the launch was a Streetdeck that hadn't entered service yet. The Bus featured was 941 ( BX15 ONT ) and was named Eric Ravilious. 

My main highlight was me sitting in the Drivers seat to test it out. They were even giving out free Ice Cream and Cupcakes as well. The event was well packed with loads of people trying out the new bus.

Now onto my photos of it:

My first photo is of BX15 ONT'S rear like some Wrights I tend to photo the rear as well as the front

Catch a Coaster for Culture is the saying on the rear of BX15 ONT
 My next couple of photos are of the front and the side of the bus the first one is showing the wheel chair ramp and the second photo isn't.
Accessibility for the wheel chair users is shown  

941 is attached to the bunting on the Ice cream Van
 I also tested out the passenger seats as well and I had to say that when I tried them they were so Comfortable I tested seats on both the bottom deck and the top deck.
941's superb interior
 The next couple of photos are of the body work and the lights. They are painted in a special blue and green livery to blend in with some of the stunning scenic views which are just beautiful.
Coaster written in blue on the green part of the livery.

The destinations the Coaster goes to on its trip

The lights on a standard Streetdeck with the new front
 Another rear view this time it wasn't of all the bus it was only of part of it this is the blue part of their livery.
Another rear of BX15 ONT 
 The last pic i'm going to show you is of the interior on the top deck as you can see a couple of the seats are arranged around a table quite a few new buses have a table on the top deck. 
Not seen a table on a bus before  
All in all it was a great afternoon and I would like to thank the team at Brighton and Hove for bringing this bus down to the launch they did a really good job and the bus grabbed loads of photo attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment