Friday 15 June 2018

Some of the latest transfers

I returned from my little trip to East Anglia the day before there was another reshuffle of Buses down here in the South East. This reshuffle was because of some changes to Bus timetables in East Kent. I went out the Monday after the reshuffle took place and I was so surprised to see 2 Scanias which had joined the fleet the Sunday before from Ashford. The Buses are 15490/1 (GN09 BBK/O) Scanias which were new to the Breeze in 2009 and have been on their travels ever since to other garages. Their current home is right here in East Sussex and they work a range of different routes in East Sussex all the way to Tunbridge Wells on the 51/251/252.

Did any of the pair get a respray before arriving?
Yes 15491 was given a fresh new coat of paint before transfer you can make out that it doesn't have anything in the advert panels and it doesn't look tired and scruffy. 15490 however didn't get a new coat of paint and it looks a state the livery is scruffy and the logos are faded.

I have 2 photos of both Buses which I would like to share they form the start of a portfolio of both Buses. I'm yet to go on both Buses but hopefully I will be able to go on them soon.

1st day in service in East Sussex Scania 15491 (GN09 BBO) is seen on route 1.

A week later, 15491 (GN09 BBO) is seen again this time after finishing the 51.

Scania 15490 (GN09 BBK) is seen also on its first day in service in East Sussex.

Just over a week later, scruffy 15490 (GN09 BBK) is seen having finished route 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment